Mill/Drill Question

CJ5Dave

Registered
Registered
A friend had an Enco Mill/Drill in his shed that I saw in March. He was in bad health and I bought one thing his wife advertised for him. He asked what else I had an interest in. I said the Enco. He said he was not ready to part with it yet, that he still used it some. I asked him to remember me when he was ready to part with it. It did not show much use but had a bout 1/2 inch of rust on the table and the adjusting cranks were frozen up. He passed away Friday, was buried Saturday without ceremony (his wishes). Wondering what would be a polite time to wait before asking his widow about selling it? It is the only machine shop/woodworking thing he had in there. The rest was horse drawn stuff.

Condolences for your friend.

It would be appropriate to send a card to his widow and offer any help you can.

Of course, you should be willing to assist with whatever she needs but the tool you seek might come up in conversation with her. These things are heavy and if it's in as bad of shape as you say she may just want it out of the way.

Ultimately there's no way to know how long she will wait to clear out the shed. But physical help at these times is often appreciated.

John

Back