Mill Drills MFG List

E0stir

Registered
Registered
Does anybody know if there's a comprehensive list of manufacturers and/or resellers/brands available for bench mills? I've come across a decent few just searching but I feel like google just keeps throwing the same brands at me, like I've hit a wall. I'm searching for a Rong Fu RF-45 clone, as a few sources indicated the name brand product was backorder around 5 months, with some sellers not even taking orders due to the fluctuations in pricing. Here's a few places I've come across thus far in my research;

Please feel free to recommend additional brands/manufacturers not listed as I'm open to just about anything available, which right now isn't alot!

SMITHY
OPTIMUM
PRECISION MATTHEWS
JET
DAYTON
BAILEIGH INDUSTRIAL
RONG FU
ENCO
PALMGREN
VALUE COLLECTION(?)
BOLTON MACHINES
LITTLE MACHINE SHOP
KBC
CNC MASTERS
KAMI MACHINES

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The brand name isn't all that meaningful since the same small number of factories make them all. What IS important is service after the sale.
Precision Mathews tops the list there, followed by LMS, Grizzly, and Jet.
Bolton I would stay away from- poor quality and service have been reported
-M

When buying new Asian imports I go with Precision Mathews for the after the sale support. I had to wait many months for my machines, its nothing new. Highly recommend getting the DRO per-installed.

Does anybody know if there's a comprehensive list of manufacturers and/or resellers/brands available for bench mills? I've come across a decent few just searching but I feel like google just keeps throwing the same brands at me, like I've hit a wall. I'm searching for a Rong Fu RF-45 clone, as a few sources indicated the name brand product was backorder around 5 months, with some sellers not even taking orders due to the fluctuations in pricing. Here's a few places I've come across thus far in my research;

Please feel free to recommend additional brands/manufacturers not listed as I'm open to just about anything available, which right now isn't alot!

SMITHY
OPTIMUM
PRECISION MATTHEWS
JET
DAYTON
BAILEIGH INDUSTRIAL
RONG FU
ENCO
PALMGREN
VALUE COLLECTION(?)
BOLTON MACHINES
LITTLE MACHINE SHOP
KBC
CNC MASTERS
KAMI MACHINES

I own a Precision matthews model PM-728-T which is made in Taiwan I had bough the one made in China and sold it without even turning it on didn’t like the quality but I’m very happy with the 728 and their customer service is pretty good. And by the way I added the measuring tape it has a magnetic backing.View attachment 407474View attachment 407474View attachment 407474View attachment 407474 F61115B7-197C-4780-9C25-1022DCE4A003.jpeg

Last edited:
What kind of final part tolerances are you getting if you don't mind me asking?

I was looking at the larger ones from PM's Taiwan line which may be in stock soon...

Back