[Metrology] Mill Spindle Mounted Microscope (aka Cheap Optical Comparator)

I can't make it fail in WinXP, I'll try it on Win 8.1 tomorrow.

Let me know if it continues to fail.

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks Jim!
This time (ver 4) I didn't quite get as far a with Ver 3... :(
error91.jpg

OK, you asked and here it is! :cool:

Additions & Fixes 10/23/15

Added an Auto Save for size and crosshair position
Added X & Y position, in pixels, to the menu area
Added One Click crosshair center
Added Right click when in bullseye mode to position crosshairs
Updated help file
Fixed Runtime errors

Attached is the updated DC_Microscope5.zip. It is an installer package to install the program on your computer. This has been tested on WinXP, Win 7, and Win 8, installs and works fine. When installing, if it asks you if you want to keep your existing Quartz.dll file, YES, keep your existing file.

Attachments

• DC_Microscope5.zip
    2 MB · Views: 71
Thanks Jim!
This time (ver 4) I didn't quite get as far a with Ver 3... :(
View attachment 112913

Try Ver 5, I fixed the runtime errors. It does help to have a camera hooked up;) When I disconnected the camera, then it failed. Now it does not error out with a camera disconnected. It doesn't really do anything, but no errors.

Thanks for trying Jim.
Still can't select either of my now two cameras....
error91 V5.jpg

Loaded (WIN 7) and ran no problem Jim, thank you for sharing your abilities, very straight forward, a neat little package for sure.
Couple tips I found in playing with it.
1) When a Xpos/Ypos scroll bar is selected you can then use the up/down/right/left arrows to more easily increment or decrement the selected bar x/y pos.
2) My camera is a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema and with it's software loaded, when you plug the camera in a camera control box icon shows up in the notification area of the task bar. When you adjust any parameters in the camera control box they effect the image in DC Microscope. Zoom, image focus, move image in X/Y, white balance, brightness etc. Did notice on my camera that manual focus could tweak image sharpness a tad.

Yep. the screenshot is Version 5.... sorry Jim.
I hate Win 8.1 .... wish I could get Win 7 and run it on my HP laptop.... apparently some of the devices in it were developed with only Win8 in mind....
Joe

Using win 8.1, Ver 5 works great with no errors (haven't tried every setting as of yet) with the microscope connected on my Yoga 2 tablet. Now to make an accurate staging setup for the microscope!!

Thank you so much for your efforts and time spent on this, Jim!

I uploaded a pic of my chin hair....grins....

Snap3.png

OK, you asked and here it is! :cool:
......Attached is the updated DC_Microscope5.zip. It is an installer package to install the program on your computer. This has been tested on WinXP, Win 7, and Win 8, installs and works fine. When installing, if it asks you if you want to keep your existing Quartz.dll file, YES, keep your existing file.
I finally got some time to play with ver. 5. It looks like you have added all the features on my wish list, Jim. Many thanks again for sharing with us!

Bob

Back