[How-To] Mill Vise alignment.

big o

Registered
Registered
Piece screwed to vise base to align with table slot, slotted sections can be made to fit snug by adjusting
2 allen head screws. Alignment to quill is done with 2 recessed cap screws in vise base.

DSCN0081.JPGDSCN0083.JPGDSCN0084.JPG

Looks nice and I hope it works for you. I find it hard to believe that it will fit into you T-slots so tightly that you will not sill have to align it with an indicator. I take my vice on and off the mill table often and it only takes me 3-5 min to bolt it down, mount an indicator and tap it into alignment.

Few jobs need perfect vise alignment; keys have always done the job for me. I do like the idea of the adjustable key.

Reactions: jcp
Cool idea. I wonder how many times taking it off and tweeking it before I got it right. And whether it would repeat when I reinstall after I get it dialed in?

I took the key off mine. I still needed to indicate it and the key meant I had to lift the 100 lb vice instead of just sliding it across the table.

I tried the keys stock to table slot . great concept but my experience is that its not very accurate. You still have to aligning with a DTI across the jaws. I found it was a waste of time.

Back