Miller Knuth 3156 power hacksaw

I would like to repair it but through more research I discovered there is a cam on the back side of the large gear that lifts the blade on the backstroke. From the outside it looks like the gear and cam are one piece. Think there will be more to it than just making more gears.
Plan on contacting Knuth to see if I can get more info on it. Talked to them couple of days ago and the receptionist told me they don't deal with MK machines. Going to try harder to talk with somebody else there. When I get back from a trip I will pull the gears and post some pics of them.
I really appreciate all your help with this project.
Ask to talk with someone in parts and service. Get right to the point with them and see if they know anyone that has retired and or knows where to find the old MK parts or who might be rebuilding them. This is a network problem and those parts and service guys are networked.

That makes sense. Going to be away from home for about a week. I will pull the gears when I get home. No signs of an external connection but it is really rusty and crusty. Will know more when I get home.
THANKS

To me it wouldn't make sense to have the gear and cam made from one piece of stock. That would be a ton of wasted material. That gear and cam should be two pieces probably pressed together.

I Will THANKS !
Ask to talk with someone in parts and service. Get right to the point with them and see if they know anyone that has retired and or knows where to find the old MK parts or who might be rebuilding them. This is a network problem and those parts and service guys are networked.

Back