Millerite Parts

allenhanford

Registered
Registered
My millrite milling machine was damaged while moving to my new shop and I need some parts. Some are things I can make, some I can do without, and some are pieces I can substitute from other machines.

A couple of things have to be OEM and I'm having trouble finding a parts supplier. D.C.Morrison used to have some but they told me they're not selling them anymore. Anyone know where I should look?

DC Morrison was who I was going to recommend. Which parts do you need? Someone here might be able to make them for you.

The one I need that I'm not enthusiastic about making is the thing with the internal acme thread that moves the table front to back. It broke right through the bolt holes so I might be able to braze it back together, but buying one would be a lot easier.

I can’t think of anyone that might have that part, I wish you luck in your search. I think you are going to need to braze it, and if that doesn’t work, make a replacement.

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. I'll fix it, regardless, but I'm thinking seriously about a Bridgeport. Just have to scrape together the $$$.

It’s a great little machine, I’ve had mine for 18 years, but I do wish at times I got a full size mill. However, getting a full size machine into the basement would have been much more interesting at the time!

Did you try searching Ebay? Sometimes people are parting out machines and put the parts on there. Maybe put a want to buy post in the classified section here and see if anything turns up.

Back