Millport 17x40 lathe

wiseman9986

Registered
Registered
I just got a millport sj-1740g this is made by shen jey I know there are many similar lathes under different names victor, acer, osama, and more but I can't find a manual or much more information on it can anyone point me in the right direction
Screenshot_20181111-161352_Messenger.jpg

acheyfive

Registered
Registered
Did you ever find any manual for your lathe? I'm going to look at one tomorrow trying to find out more about them.

wiseman9986

Registered
Registered
No I didn't I think I found a victor manual that is similar but not the same I really like the lathe though

acheyfive

Registered
Registered
It looks great, Have you tried screw cutting on it? From what I can tell it has everything on board so I won't have to swap out gears
I'm going to be making metric parts for European cars.
Anything you think I need to be on the lookout for?

wiseman9986

Registered
Registered
Yes it should cut metric and standard threads I haven't cut many threads on mine yet when I did it seemed to do great. As for what to look for nothing I can think of just the standard stuff you would look at when your checking over a machine

MtnBiker

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Did you find a manual (assuming you still have the Millport)?

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock