Millrite ???

Capt45

Former Member
Anybody have one, used one, or know if it's worth the work to make it run?
Millrite3.jpg

I think they are a smaller version of a Bridgeport and a perfect Hobbyist/home shop sized mill ....well worth a little tlc if its not "Clapped Out" (really dont know what that means other then being "Not Good!")

Last edited:
Looks like a nice size for a hobby shop. I'm sure a little TLC would go a long way. Mike

Maybe Bob Korves will pop in here or you could drop him a line.....I may be wrong but I do believe it was him recently commenting on a different thread about his opinion on a millrite mill.

Yep, I think Bob has one, I do as well! It's about a 3/4 size of a Bridgeport which makes for a great size for a hobby shop. One in decent shape can be had for about $1000, so they end up being a great deal when they come up.

All about Millrite mills:

any questions, please ask, on the forum or by private message (PM).
As said above, very nice mills for the home hobby shop, I am on my second one...

I had one for many years great little machine, but I got a Bridgeport and sold it in less than a week.

Nice sized machine. I don't think that motor configuration is original.

20170925_174037.jpg

I have had this one for just over two years. It came out of a local high school, with novice damage, but zero vocational damage. I see no need for anything else. It is more accurate than I, and the dials are Imperial. 1 hp three phase and a VFD I installed after purchase. I live in a bit of a machinery desert, and I nearly dislocated my shoulder going for the $1400 offer the seller accepted. I would not take $2k today....

Attachments

• 20170924_151627.jpg
    20170924_151627.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
It's a good mill. Have one at the shop that I have spent a good deal of time on making various hardware for doors and windows. Its worth the effort if you dont need a full size mill.

Back