Milwaukee Die Filer

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
I've had this for a couple years and when I needed to use it I had to pick it up off the floor and set it on something.

th_MilwaukeeFiler.jpg

I've also had this tool stand for about as long and planned to use it for the filer. Saturday I took it apart and cleaned it up in my parts washer. Then I wired brushed it and painted it black, This morning I put it back together and got it ready to put the filer on. This stand is old because it is heavy gage metal and uses 5/16 bolt to hold it together.

th_Stand.jpg

I made this plate to mount to the stand so the die filer would set on it better.

th_Plate.jpg

Paul

Filer on stand and put back together.

th_Filerinplace.jpg

th_Filer3.jpg

When I got this filer it had some stuff missing like the saw arm, I got one of those off ebay but the one to back up the files I never did get. So last week I made one. Just some 4140 round bar some Aluminum.

th_DieFiler1.jpg

th_DieFiler2.jpg

It works like it should I made 2 roller one for flat and one for round files, May need more if I get different shaped files.

One of many projects done.

Paul

Hi Paul -

Really nice looking machine and stand! I really like those heavy flare leg stands. I really like my die filer (mine is an Oliver of Adrian) and was struck by how similar the shop built file backup on mine is to the one you made:

006-1.jpg

Phil

006-1.jpg

Phil

Looks like I stole your idea I knew I had seen it some where but I couldn't remember where. I have a friend in Miss. that build one almost the same also. But his rod came out the end and was shorter. What ever works I guess.

I'll give you all the creadit......:))

Paul

Hey Paul -

No credit deserved on my end. That set up was on my die filer when I bought it. I was just impressed you came up with the same idea.

Phil

Back