Milwaukee No 1.5b special plain Kearney and tracker Milwaukee wis USA

I saw a 1850s or 1860s hand crank metal planer sitting in a barn unheated walls have big hole and the uprights sat outside fro 15 years very sad.

Humans are unfathomable. Most of my life in my many jobs I’ve been in contact with in many instances somebody who had something I thought should be taken care of so it can be used and the owner had it moldering under a tarp outside or just sitting out. Rusting away. About half the time they say they would never sell it but I know they want me to be so desperate as to give them some stupid sky high price for it. I don’t know if it’s out of ignorance or cruelty. That kind of person usually wants to brag to me how much they were offered for it. Just hoarders IMHO.

Like so much mental illness it comes in many shades and degrees. My Dad collected junk. He didn’t really repurpose. And if somebody needed it or wanted it he’d give it to them in a heartbeat if he didn’t have an immediate need for it. But he was a child of the depression.

My brother an I are kinda the same. It feels like we’re rescuing not hoarding. I’m upgrading as deals that fit my work come along like when I got a deal on the UniDrill. I have a hard time selling anything but if there is somebody who I know would appreciate it and use it, I’ve given it to them. Thats what I’ve been doing with my neighbors son and when I got the UniDrill I gave him my old drill press which he was thrilled with. Along with a bunch of other automotive tools and equipment I don’t need or use and he could use.

Hoarding is a true illness. I’ve seen it firsthand and it’s not pretty. We had to help clean out a relative’s place that was your typical hoarder mess. And she had 10 totes full of empty plastic binders! And when my wife went to toss them she literally got frantic and started sweating and getting upset. And she works in the mental health field.......

Humans are unfathomable. Most of my life in my many jobs I’ve been in contact with in many instances somebody who had something I thought should be taken care of so it can be used and the owner had it moldering under a tarp outside or just sitting out. Rusting away. About half the time they say they would never sell it but I know they want me to be so desperate as to give them some stupid sky high price for it. I don’t know if it’s out of ignorance or cruelty. That kind of person usually wants to brag to me how much they were offered for it. Just hoarders IMHO.
Look how people treat each other...the most valuable thing you will ever have to take care of.......

Back