Mini Cannon

Now that's cool! I've made a few much smaller ones but weren't nearly as nice, and couldn't get enough powder into them to actually shoot.

Looks nice, and do you have plans, or something.

Don't have any plans yet, but I am in the process of drawing some up.

My profile pix is my first attempt. As you can see, I was losing a lot of energy through the barrel bore & fuse hole due to making them to big. I will specify hole sizes in the drawings.

BTW: I checked the speed yesterday and it seemed to average between 260 & 280 FPS.

When I frist looked at your profile pic, I thought that was grinder sparks or something, Now looking close I can see the cannon. You were loosing a lot of pressure at that time.
what type of metal are you using on the barrel.

Reactions: Guv
The barrel & carriage are all made from 6061 aluminum. I shot it 10 times in a row yesterday with just reloading time in between and the barrel didn't even get warm. I think the aluminum is going to work fine for this. Should I decide to make something larger, I definitely go for some form of steel.

Neat, how much and what powder did you use? What is the bore ID? Bob

I have seen some small ones made out of brass, but not alum. Although the size of this is not as big as the others I have seen. If you do decide to schetch up some drawings. I am very interested. (wife and animals might not be once done) what size charge are you using as that did look like a slot of sparks in your profile pic.
In the vid did it go all the way through the can or just the one side.

Back