Mini Cannon

The screw in the back is in case of a mis-fire. I can remove it to clear the full length of the barrel. The trunnions are a single piece of stock held in place by a set screw in the bottom of the barrel. After insertion, the barrel was drilled - this is much simpler than trying to use separate trunnions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I was wandering if you had used a very large piece and milled the barrel and the trunnions out as one piece. If so I was going to ask for info on it. you said they are held in palace by a set screw on the bottoms of the barrel. So did you drill a hole through the barrel insert the trunnion then drill the bore. If so would it be better to do a heated press fit, where you heat the barrel and cool the trunnion in. Then that would make it almost impossible to remove without having to worry about a set screw. Just my thoughts on it.

Thanks, I was wandering if you had used a very large piece and milled the barrel and the trunnions out as one piece. If so I was going to ask for info on it. you said they are held in palace by a set screw on the bottoms of the barrel. So did you drill a hole through the barrel insert the trunnion then drill the bore. If so would it be better to do a heated press fit, where you heat the barrel and cool the trunnion in. Then that would make it almost impossible to remove without having to worry about a set screw. Just my thoughts on it.
Good point, I'm sure that would be an improvement and lessen the chance of an misalignment between the trunnion and bore.

Back