Mini compressor help

badboydas

Badboydas
Registered
Hi all
Picked up one of these mini compressors spares or repair AS186. Trouble is previous owner took it apart and lost the capacitor also I cant figure out how to connect the capacitor, the stationary motor only has 2 wires from it. Has anyone got one of these they would be willing to remove the plate that connects to the electrical side and take photo of the wiring and post the value of the capacitor.
cheers

mini compressor.jpg

Hi all
Picked up one of these mini compressors spares or repair AS186. Trouble is previous owner took it apart and lost the capacitor also I cant figure out how to connect the capacitor, the stationary motor only has 2 wires from it. Has anyone got one of these they would be willing to remove the plate that connects to the electrical side and take photo of the wiring and post the value of the capacitor.
cheers

I found this manual online; https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=FZJhp-E6IlqJ1rdrbSOcug&bvm=bv.68911936,d.aWw

It shows the capacitor on the last page. Hope it helps.

Cheers Bill
Thanks for the PDF file but I have all PDFs relating to this compressor, I trawled the net for hours but no joy, I also contacted the manufacturer in China but all they were interested in is whether or not I was a distributer. If anyone does manage to open theres up, there appears to be 4 wires coming from the motor but 2 are actually from the thermal switch.

Just for fun, I looked at the PDF that Bill C. posted. Noticed that there's a website address on the last page ... www.wiltec.info Site is in German, but by clicking on the "Kontakt" tab, I found an email form ... http://shop.wiltec.info/shop_content.php/coID/7/content/Kontakt

Though they're German, there should be somebody there who can understand/translate your request.

PS - I assume, based on Bill C's post, that you indeed have a WilTec compressor. Even if not, you might be able to get some info from them if the motors are similar.

Best wishes!

Cheers Bill
Thanks for the PDF file but I have all PDFs relating to this compressor, I trawled the net for hours but no joy, I also contacted the manufacturer in China but all they were interested in is whether or not I was a distributer. If anyone does manage to open theres up, there appears to be 4 wires coming from the motor but 2 are actually from the thermal switch.

If I recall the drawing it really didn't show much in the way of wiring. There must be a straight forward wiring diagram somewhere. It is a good looking compressor. I hope you find the resource to get it back up and running.

I only messed with a furnace blower motor capacitor before and it was a straight pull-out / plug-in connection. The hardest part of the job was finding one. I ended up at a industrial electrical supply firm.

Just for fun, I looked at the PDF that Bill C. posted. Noticed that there's a website address on the last page ... www.wiltec.info Site is in German, but by clicking on the "Kontakt" tab, I found an email form ... http://shop.wiltec.info/shop_content.php/coID/7/content/Kontakt

Though they're German, there should be somebody there who can understand/translate your request.

PS - I assume, based on Bill C's post, that you indeed have a WilTec compressor. Even if not, you might be able to get some info from them if the motors are similar.

Best wishes!

That little compressor is sold under several different names. None of the manuals I looked had a wiring diagram. Each one had the same expanded part illustration.

Thanks very much for your`e efforts Bill, I will get to the bottom of it (bit of a die hard when it comes to repairing bits and bobs) just going to take a bit longer than I thought.
cheers

Back