Mini Mill Rotary Table

intrepid

Registered
Registered
I was planning to purchase a 4” rotary table for my HF mini mill. Then I came across the 5” rotary table from Grizzly. http://www.grizzly.com/products/5-Rotary-Table/T25937?utm_campaign=zPage
Along with the table it includes a chuck and mounting plate, extra jaws, dividing plates, tail stock, and hold down bolts and clamps. It is currently not available but has a great price. I am really tempted but was wondering if this would be too large on the mini mill? Has anyone any experience with this model or any other larger than 4” rotary table on the mini mill?

I have a 6" RT on my X2 mini mill, and it is useable with an extended rack but a 5" RT would have been perfect IMHO.
Bigger is better even if, eventually you have to extend the rack, add extra bracing, install longer struts etc.:rolleyes:
John.

John, Thanks for your reply. Thant was my biggest concern, the usable space between the Head stock and rotary table and then add a chuck and work.
I guess the extension would be the next project. I'm not in a great hurry and the grizzly RT is not yet available but at that price I think I will have to give it a try.

I have a LMS high torque mini and a 4" RT. 5 would be great but it will eat into your Z axis. I extended mine for a full 12" and there are times when its not enough. I use mine a lot with an adjistable angle plate and I just barely have enough space opn certain projects.

You can see the set up in my member projects photos in a few different projects ( soccer ball, diamond)

Back