Missing Gear Tooth

You can do the gear cutting on your lathe even though the quick change gear box isn't working.
Do a search on youtube for "xynudu gear cutting". He has several videos about how he does it.

Of course, you will have to punch out the pins and separate the gears.

I found a 16T gear on Amazon that will work. It will require a little machining for the bore size but is the right tooth count and pitch. Now to wait till the end of the month to get it. In the meantime I can disassemble the compound gears. Think I will make a new copper bushing too.

From what I see on the internet The Husky P36 was originally sold by Busy Bee Tools. You might try contacting them as to where you can get parts.
Customer service : 905-738-5115 or email: cs@busybeetools.com
From what I see on the internet The Husky P36 was originally sold by Busy Bee Tools. You might try contacting them as to where you can get parts.
Customer service : 905-738-5115 or email: cs@busybeetools.com

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like you have this figured out.
Please don't be scarce at HM!

Daryl
MN

Welcome to the group. These guys and gals here are most helpful and have good advice. Any and all questions answered with friendly replies.

Think I will make a new copper bushing too.
Id be very surprised if the bush is actually copper. Its more than likely some sort of phosphor bronze which can have a reddish, coppery colour. Just something else for you to look into. Welcome to the world of engineering . lol.
peter

Your "copper" bushing is a bronze allow that is porous so it can retain oil. You need to find a porous bronze bushing that can be made to fit there.

Or,please PM me via a conversation. I have an ANCIENT length of porous bronze that is a rough cast bar. It is about 1 1/4" diameter,and solid(no hole). I could cut you off a piece and send it to you in a USPS mailing envelope.

Back