Modifying a Saiga

jimipop1

Registered
Registered
Hey folks, Ive been playing with modifying a Saiga in .410 shotgun to be able to take the old .41 Magnum round. In the process of swapping the barrel and changing the feeding ramp. The recoil spring needs changing, but thats a nit I think. Im figuring on loading the .41 with rifle powder instead of pistol powder, maybe if the barrel is long enough a Magnum powder. Any thoughts?

Hey folks, Ive been playing with modifying a Saiga in .410 shotgun to be able to take the old .41 Magnum round. In the process of swapping the barrel and changing the feeding ramp. The recoil spring needs changing, but thats a nit I think. Im figuring on loading the .41 with rifle powder instead of pistol powder, maybe if the barrel is long enough a Magnum powder. Any thoughts?

not sure about ID of the .410 barrel, but with no rifleing, the bullet will not get a spin and wont stabilize, accuracy would suck eggs.

Without pressure testing etc. You may need to count your fingers every time your fire it
:think1:

not sure about ID of the .410 barrel, but with no rifleing, the bullet will not get a spin and wont stabilize, accuracy would suck eggs.

I was basing it on the mag size and the general dimensions. But since Im re-barreling it that takes care of the smoothbore issues.

sounds fun, start off with moderate to low magnum powder loads, and keep a close eye out for over pressure signs, once you find a good safe load should be a fun gun to shoot.

Back