• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Molding of a cylinder head

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Titou16

Hello,

This time it's done. It was pretty hard. I had to do 8 tries to mold this piece of the new version of my Stirling engine. I thought for a moment that I could not do it with the means that I have. But this time it's done. I show in this video how I proceeded. I had to make a mold entirely made with a mix of sand + sodium silicate.

This new Cylinder Head is to strongly improve my last engine that I have made last year.

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Magnifique!

Excellent artisanat!

easttex

Swarf
Registered Member
I regret that I do speak French, but I thoroughly enjoyed the video all the same. You are to be commended for a job well done. Bravo!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bob Korves

Magnifique!

Excellent artisanat!
Was not my fluency in French, rather my ability to work my way through with Microsoft Translator. :rolleyes:

Titou16

Here is the last piece of my Stirling engine. A casing for the axial flux generator that will been driven by the engine.

And the cylinder head as been machined.

[6]
[5] [7]