Motor brushes

Brento

Registered
Registered
Does anyone need or have use of electric motor brushes? I have a bunch that i can get ahold of from someone and they dont know what to do with them anymore. If no one has use for them then i can atleast tel the owner that i tried.

how big are the brushes?
i have use for smaller brushes, <3/8"

Hmm, carbon arc electrodes? I remember playing with carbon arcs as a kid. Fun stuff. Civil Air Patrol in Mn had a spotlight that was carbon arc based (probably WWII era). That sucker was bright. Used it as a beacon for people lost in the woods, really obvious on a slightly cloudy night.

Does anyone need or have use of electric motor brushes? I have a bunch that i can get ahold of from someone and they dont know what to do with them anymore. If no one has use for them then i can atleast tel the owner that i tried.
first off.. new or used?

Could be both @woodchucker they use to build machines for avon and such so he has quite a few coffee cans. I didnt take them with me bc i had no use but i am seeing if anyone has any use and if so i will get them and take some pictures and go from there.

I don't think I need, but I recently had to modify some I had in a service pack I got at a garage sale years ago. Thankfully I had them... easy mod..
Having an assortment is great. Anyone who has universal motors should consider having a stash.

I may keep a couple bc idk what sizes they are exactly and i have a watchmakers lathe plus my SB and mill so worth saving in case.

I would be interested if there are any LARGE brushes like 1" wide x 1/4" thick x about 3/4" long with wire leads
-Mark

I will be going to get them today. Idk what these are worth and the wife of the husband who passed away is not sure how much they are worth. If anyone would like any if you could please help with a fair offer is all i would ask. I can post the pictures here but if anyone is interested in some message me then so i dont have to bother the admins to move this to a for sale post.

Back