Mounting Bridgeport head on tree 2uv

Dustin beyer

Registered
Registered
Has anyone mounted a webb, or Bridgeport head onto a tree 2uv? The trees are a bit different due to the head tilts is built into the head? If anyone has ever done this or something similar I’d really appreciate your input

Had to look that mill up and couldn't find detailed pics of the nod feature.

Can we get a couple detailed side shots of this?

Ok so here’s my project I want to mount my webb 3 hp variable speed head onto my tree 2uv. My only question is do I just make an adapter plate and mount it fixed which will be pretty easy or do I make an adapter and bracket that allows it to nodd as well? Is the nod ability even that important/useful? Fixed would definitely be more rigid but I mostly only do small parts and only reason Im wanting to do this is because my 2uv head isn’t variable speed and the power quill feed is broken. Also my webb head is in just crazy good condition like never used. Any thoughts I’d love to hear here’s some pics and I’ll update anyone interested

Adapter plate and use. No nodd. Can make a nod feature later Or not. You have a VFD, so you have variable speed. There are times that I wish my Rockwell, (in the basement), had nod or turret, but there are fixturing Work-arounds. My .02

Last edited:
Adapter plate and use. No nodd. Can make a nod feature later Or not. You have a VFD, so you have variable speed. There are times that I wish my Rockwell, (in the basement), had nod or turret, but there are fixturing Work-arounds. My .02
Saw and wanted to buy a Mill Right like that once.

Nice setup.

After digging into the webb head i changed from being very impressed and thinking it a work hog, durable and beefy to becoming very unimpressed by the garbage quality Pot metal casting construction! There is absolutely nowhere near the quality of my USA built tree and the Taiwan webb! The quill and spindle threads are chipped and stretched the quill spring is junk and many other disappointments that made me abandon the project. The webb has VERY little use which suprised me to come across all these flaws but it’s just the product of using crappy materials and bad quality control that so many over seas products come with. I think I’ll just keep an eye out for a tree head or parts for sale as backup and the variable speed isn’t that big of a deal I just don’t like controlling it by the vfd cus I don’t feel it’s good for the motor to be raising and lowering the frequency thanks tho guys for the input

After digging into the webb head i changed from being very impressed and thinking it a work hog, durable and beefy to becoming very unimpressed by the garbage quality Pot metal casting construction! There is absolutely nowhere near the quality of my USA built tree and the Taiwan webb! The quill and spindle threads are chipped and stretched the quill spring is junk and many other disappointments that made me abandon the project. The webb has VERY little use which suprised me to come across all these flaws but it’s just the product of using crappy materials and bad quality control that so many over seas products come with. I think I’ll just keep an eye out for a tree head or parts for sale as backup and the variable speed isn’t that big of a deal I just don’t like controlling it by the vfd cus I don’t feel it’s good for the motor to be raising and lowering the frequency thanks tho guys for the input

Something like this?
6cca54ceb76ec6e3d2e818547387cdd5.jpg

I am in Los Angeles.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back