Move a Burke Millrite from Reno to Sacramento?

Madgepetto

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Bought a little Millrite at auction in Reno, can't find a way to get it moved to Sacramento to my son's place.A friend offered me his Bridgeport two days later for a song, and it's local to me so I need to move the Burke or sell it where it sits.Anyone planning a trip over the mountain sometime soon?
Many thanks,
Paul

Attachments

• 2938_1416_1.jpg
    2938_1416_1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 33
Reno to Sacramento is 2-1/2-3 hours? Could you hire a local roll off truck? I use them here to move various things including moving all my machines in my millwork shop and hobby machine shop at home. Usually $80.00/hour. That's only about $480 to move the mill. Here, if I am worried about the driver loading or lashing down a machine wrong I will ride along with him so he does it to my expectations. Have never had an issue and it puts all the worry and responsibility onto the towing company.
Cheers
Martin

If you have a engine hoist or tractor with a bucket for loading a Millrite can be disassembled and moved in a pickup truck. Been there done that! The base is the only part that can't be lifted by 2 people.

Looks like my son in law has sourced a proper truck and trailer, he and his cousin are going to go up and get the Burke, it's going to live at his place anyway since i got the Bridgeport so it works out well.I'm going to turn that boy into a machinist yet!

Back