Moving a 1000 lbs across a 100 ft lawn

This is a good time to visit your local rental house. They have special tools that make stuff like this fairly easy. I bet you could have rented a special cart or dolly that would have worked for less than $50.

john

Before the advent forklifts almost all loading was done by hand in the fruit and veg cold storage. They all had aluminum ramps like this. As I went from house to house I’d check their bone yard and scored this 6’ and another 10’ for free. Most didn’t know they were there and the bosses want rid of them. They would have made short work of moving that engine,

Attachments

• 0F75A9D6-0FBE-48A9-A191-B8D2A645F0C6.jpeg
    0F75A9D6-0FBE-48A9-A191-B8D2A645F0C6.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
Now think again, I wonder why I didn't use my ramp 's wood pieces for moving the engine. Must be bone head moment.

I dreamed of owning a house on 3 acres. At that size land, there is no rule for garage size and the garage can be anywhere, side of house is no problem. I would build a big one. All my stuff would go there.

Last edited:
I’d blame it on the county letter. That kinda stuff makes me irrational.

I have thought about some kind of inflatable wheels for my engine hoist for jobs in the yard that the ramps would be Inconvenient. HF sells them cheap.

Back