Mr. Pete cutting oil can

Well done. I'm going to have to make one of my own. I got one of those plastic no-spill paint cups from Lakeshore Learning that lots of people online were saying was a quick and inexpensive solution. I put in a copper pipe just like you did but even though it only holds WD40, the plastic doesn't like it. After less than a year the bottom of the cup has bowed outward so it's not very stable.

Well done. I'm going to have to make one of my own. I got one of those plastic no-spill paint cups from Lakeshore Learning that lots of people online were saying was a quick and inexpensive solution. I put in a copper pipe just like you did but even though it only holds WD40, the plastic doesn't like it. After less than a year the bottom of the cup has bowed outward so it's not very stable.
I thought the 3/4 heavy gauge pipe I used might be too heavy but instead it helped with stability. I had only $1 in the can because I bought it at a dollar store. The copper was some scrap I had. So the cost is minimal. The hardest thing for me was trying to put a flare on the top of the copper.

If you soldered it with the pipe extended to the inside of the can, just shy of the bottom would it not work like a "no spill" can?
I sawed some notches into the bottom of the copper pipe so the oil could seep into the tube. I didn't try it but I'm sure it will be a no spill oiler.

I haven't watched Mr Pete's video But I do follow him. I'm sorry I underestimated your build. I'm a wimp, I bought mine so I'll shut up :grin:

I built one like Mr. Pete's didn't like it, bought a spill master, still not that good, Ended up using a lab wash bottle much better ,no brush to worry about and very precise in applying oil

Last edited:
If you soldered it with the pipe extended to the inside of the can, just shy of the bottom would it not work like a "no spill" can?
Yep. That is the way I did it. Actually, I let the copper touch the bottom of the can but sawed a few oil access slits into the bottom of the copper to let the oil seep in.

mrPeteOilerTube.JPG

Last edited:
Back