MT # 3 Mill holder for Logan lathe

Here are some pictures of the milling attachment(s) I have.
Not sure what the round part on the one on the bottom shelf is for. I think you can see it OK in the pictures on the shelf.
The one I show on the cross slide, looks like I would want to turn my compound 90* from where I have it now.
Not sure if this in something a PO made up of if it was purchased.
Looks like I would have to clamp the work down to the plate.
You can see where I have the piece of sandpaper, I can see a little light there, don't know maybe I should shim it a little there.
(No, looks like if I shim it there, Then, I can not move the compound.)
Anyone ever see a milling attachment(s) like these.

DSCF0654.JPG DSCF0653.JPG DSCF0652.JPG DSCF0651.JPG DSCF0650.JPG DSCF0649 OK.JPG DSCF0648 OK.JPG DSCF0647.JPG

Last edited:
There is a Palmgren vise that came with my lathe, I just thought it was a drill press vice, but maybe the PO bolted it to the milling plate somehow.
looks sort of like this one.

Palmgren.JPG

My guess is the face plate attachment is shop made. I would think it would be used with the face plate facing the headstock. The other attachment looks factory made but I'm not sure what goes in the hole. Is the hole tapered? Collets maybe? The Palmgren vise looks like a drill press vice, it may have been attached to that face plate somehow. It is not much different that the vise that is part of my Palmgren 250 milling attachment.

thanks,yeah, I'd say facing the headstock too. I'll have to turn the compound. It fits the best that way.
That is not my vice, but it sort of looks like it. I got it with the lathe, so Maybe he used it on the lathe.
This guy was said to be a professional machinist, and this was his lathe at home.
I still have get some mills and a holder,I need to look around better, I would bet money there are mill holders with my stuff.

I sort of did not want to buy a whole set of holders and a whole set of mills right now, till I see how much I'll use this.
Might just get one or 2 end mills and one holder for now.
What is the best, 2 flute, 3 flute, 4 flute, carbide, HSS, TIN coated, Roughing mill, so many choices.
Thanks,
Tony

Back