My best bargains on Ebay and Craigslist were...

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
What bargains have you gotten on Ebay and Craigslist that would make us say "you suck"?

Nelson

Rarely see any machine shop stuff in this area. Most machinists either hold onto their stuff for the next shop they work for, or sell it to acquaintances. Once in a while there will be a shop selling some clapped out machines, but they usually want too much. It's different up in the DFW area. Lots of tools up there for sale. I've never bought anything from CL or ebay for the shop, so I don't have any bargains or busts to tell about.

This summer I got an Enco 13x40 lathe from Craigs list for $600.00. It had 3 and 4 jaw chucks and a wedge type tool post. It has cleaned up ok--not great. It runs fine. I consider in a work in progress and will enjoy working to improve it. It

Also, I just bought a Machinex lathe head with motor and collet closer, the milling column and bracket, a 4 jaw chuck, faceplate jacobs chuck live center and 1 new collet for $103. I think setting up these little lathes is interesting. IMO the Machinex is better than the Taig and is larger than the Sherline. I own 3 Sherlines and most of the accessories but I sold my Taig.

joe

I've seen a couple BP on our local CL, but the boss won't let me pull the trigger.

Two items I bought were, 1968 Snap On diagnostic equipment cabinet rolling base and Cornwell bottom roller $120 total.

Ebay Kellogg American 7. 5 hp three phase air compressor, I was the only bidder .99 cents.

Last edited:
I bought a Jet JMD-VS-1 mill drill. It is like a Rong Fu 40 but instead of the gear head drive, it has a variable speed belt drive. that is controlled by a rotary dial on the front of the head. Dimensionally, it is virtually identical to the RF-40.

It was like new and came with a 8 inch rotary table, some end mills and some collets. Price was 500 dollars delivered. He even loaded me his engine lift (Cherry Picker) to pick it up and locate it on the stand I built for it.

Nothing too exciting. I got a gas chainsaw in excellent condition that was only missing the bar for the chain - $15.00
They posted it in the wrong category, and no one else saw it to bid on it. :biggrin:

Sheldon model "O" horizontal for $250, treasure trove of tooling from a machine shop for $75, Griz mill drill for $125. I have missed several good deals including a shaper for $200. I really want a shaper.

be

Back