My first model steam engine!

I'd give you a "like," but I can't seem to find the one that says "Aw, shucks!"

I didn't think it was silly except that it took up space for tools! How is that mill working out for you. I was considering getting one but it is probably too heavy for my space.
Robert

I didn't think it was silly except that it took up space for tools! How is that mill working out for you. I was considering getting one but it is probably too heavy for my space.
Robert
The mill is just fine- I like it and use it in practically every project. I do find that the table seems to move about .003" right (x) and .002" back (y) when I raise the table from low to high. This drives me crazy and obviously means I can't move the z axis between setups. Conceptually, I'm sure it's a gib issue, but I'm not entirely sure how to track it down and fix it. Otherwise, I love the size. It's a great machine and I'm glad I got it over a benchtop machine.

"I do find that the table seems to move about .003" right (x) and .002" back (y) when I raise the table from low to high."
To the best of my knowledge, this kind of error could only have two possible causes -
1. Loose gib (easy to detect/fix)
2. Vertical ways not perpendicular to the table (probably a major scraping job) :(

Wow!, I’m in the process off seeking out my first lathe. That project makes me very excited to get going!! Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!, I’m in the process off seeking out my first lathe. That project makes me very excited to get going!! Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! This is about 1.5-2 years of learning to get to this point. I'm really proud of it!

Back