• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • How to Donate to Support the Forum and Upgrade Your Account

To upgrade your account, click on your name/User ID, and your profile box comes up. On the right side (highlighted above) you will see "Account Upgrades" Click on this, and you will see your upgrade choices:

* Premium Membership - recurring (12 months, recurring) $25.00 per year This is for one-year premium membership, automatically renews. Less ads, more access.

*Premium Membership - non-recurring (12 months, non-recurring) $30.00 for 1 year This is for one-year premium membership, does NOT automatically renew. Less ads, more access.

* Sustaining Membership - recurring (12 months, recurring) $50.00 per year This is for one-year sustaining membership, automatically renews each year. No ads.

* Sustaining Membership - non-recurring (12 months, non-recurring) $50.00 for 1 year This is for one-year sustaining membership, does not automatically renew each year. No ads.

[4]

My New To Me Restored Benchmaster Mv1 Mill

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Garthd85

Iron
Registered Member
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg well here she is. Shes purrty and im just waiting on my collets and end mills in the mail. Trying to source out an original benchmaster vise although i dont know why a 3 inch vise wouldnt suffice!??? Anyways it has a 3/4 dayton 110v single phase motor and the table has been reground and new lead screws etc its tight and in excellent condition. Im very happy with it although im waiting to make chips with her for the first time since the restore

Let me know what ya think!!!

brino

Active User
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
That looks great, well done!
It looks new.

-brino

markba633csi

Nice job-good ol' California iron! :) Is that a Rustoleum shade of green? Trying to decide on a color for my mill..
Mark S.

matthew-s

Steel
Registered Member
That looks great! I've been keeping my eye out for one by they do not come up often, so I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Have you or anyone else used both this mill, and a modern mini mill in the Sieg X2 class-size? How do they compare from a practical perspective?

Randall Marx

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Very well done! Color me jealous. Wait your mill is that color! :D Looks great.

[6]
[5] [7]