My old shop

KMS

Registered
Registered
Here are a few pics of my play ground ,,Grizzly g0463 and 9x20 lathe ,I have been running these machine since 2004 with little down time ,,Do have DRO on lathe and mill,,

MVC-016S.JPG MVC-015S.JPG MVC-014S.JPG

Two :thumbzup3::thumbzup3:

You need more chips 'n' swarf and oil stains. You didn't clean up for us?

Heck you caught me ,,no swarf ,chips oil stains ,,The pic is from when I first installed the machine's they were pretty fresh then ,,Both lathe and mill are going on 2nd motor ,,plus other parts ,,belts, gears, bearings, ,,But the are still cutting straight ,I have done most the mods to gibs plus switched to inch over metric ,Have a 6inch 3 jaw for the 9x20 plus the funky 4 jaw that came with it ,,Boring bar kit for mill. rotary table. 5inch chuck. collets ,ie,,, Mill is done right now getting a new motor ,,old motor works great sill the shaft ,,key way wobbled out bad,, Will load a few more pics ,,,The shop was built back in the 30's when the house that I live was ,,The shop has had fire damage ,flood damage ,,been shot at as well back in the 60's ,,,.Lot's of history here ,,Back in the 50's when I was just a little guy my parents used to come over to this place and play cards with the people that owned it ,,I remember playing here ,,they had a outhouse in the back yard ,,big garden ,,not much grass,, lots of fruit trees ,,,Small town eastern Oregon ,,
Thanks for the nice reply's and don't get to techy with me just,,, self taught ,,maybe you tube helped a little ,,,,KMS ,,,,

Pics of mill motor shaft ,pretty worn out ,,,,

X3 ms.jpg

Nice shop, I'm jealous.

Did you buy the machines new or used? Seems kind of early for the motor, gears, & bearings to be replaced, or is that normal? Of course that always depends on how often you run them.

I always wanted a lathe, almost bought a Smithy machine once but couldn't spare the garage space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So what do you figure caused the problem with the motor shaft? Really look like it is tough shape. I think I would try to determine the cause so that it can be kept form happening again.

Paul

Back