My old shop

What about cutting a new key slot on the other side and run that motor till it dies??? A whole new motor isn't gonna be cheap and you could cut new key slot in under 30 minutes and go back to work later that night....

Bob

I bought the machines new 10 years ago ,, The mill/ lathe both have lots of hrs on them,,and hard to say ,,I started my shop ,making and selling parts for Quarter scale rc cars. hubs, clutch bell housings, steering racks, sway bar arms, track arms front A-arms, ie ,,I would run 6 days a week about 10 hrs a day between both machines for 5 years ,,
The shaft/ motor for the mill is worn all the way around not just on one side by key way ,,The only option will be weld shaft ,fill in,, and turn the shaft back to the correct size For the pulley to sit on ,,I bought a new motor, gear, and belts from Grizzly ,,
Got running again and it works sweet and quite ,,

For the wear on the shaft .I feel Its lots of hours and poor fit from manufacture
,The gear box head has a shaft that has shim stock on the gear and the bearing is a little worn ,,loose,, guess its next to need some looking into,,
Sold out the Quarter scale part making ,,Now days I make little winches for rc rock crawlers ,, So the machines aren't being run to hard ,I run two lathes to make the spools the winch ,One ruff cut the other clean up ,,,

Here are a few pics of my play ground ,,Grizzly g0463 and 9x20 lathe ,I have been running these machine since 2004 with little down time ,,Do have DRO on lathe and mill,,
Very neat layout. Looks well organized.

Back