My PM-940 CNC Modifications

Your thread is still up... It's just on page two.
http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1270

Yeah, the NUC is a good option, however I was worreid about getting all the bloatware off the factory installation of Windows. I have had the laptop that I am typing this on right now for just over a year and I STILL haven't figured it out. It's about to the point that I'm going to order a new copy of Windows 10 and start with that!

Anyway, I build computers pretty frequently so building one specialized for CNC is no big deal. I am going to re-use most of the old Mach 3 PC, and I am donating what I'm not using to my Dads CNC router project. I'm really looking forward to see your progress... You should start a new thread about it, so we can stop tying up Jacks thread!!

PZ
Yeah i saw that when i visited the page again. Sometimes i think i'm having a senior moment. Sure i can start a new thread to document this change. Keep in mind in one of Jake's post above that the wire numbers may not be the same. I can't imagine them making these machines and not keeping the wiring numbers consistent for like machines. But it's good to know. So i'll also go thru and post what i'm going to do on the Centroid thread to be sure that they are all in agreement. I don't want to fry anything by making a mistake.

...I can't imagine them making these machines and not keeping the wiring numbers consistent for like machines...

You obviously don't deal with low end Chinese manufacturing on a daily basis ;). These things are defiantly a big step above some of the Alibaba equipment that I've worked on, but it still wouldn't surprise me at all if they were not wired the same.

PZ

Guys,
Here is a Podcast that i came across on You Tube about the Acorn. Some interesting info from Keith at Centroid. For those of you interested in the Acorn board, it would be a good listen.
Enjoy!
Doug

Guys,
Here is a Podcast that i came across on You Tube about the Acorn. Some interesting info from Keith at Centroid. For those of you interested in the Acorn board, it would be a good listen.
Enjoy!
Doug

A Great listen !!! Thanks!!!

Always cool to hear some history about what appears to be a really good company. Keith sounds like a legit guy trying to fill a need and it appears he’s done it. The Masso is in a similar vein, so having these guys compete for a great , all, or nearly all in one solution is pretty cool and good for entrepreneurs, startups , and hobbyists alike.

I ordered an Acorn and look forward to converting from LinuxCNC. I just hope the usb MPG becomes a reality very soon !

Jake

Gave up on the 7I76e for now...
I did get the electronics on the wall though!!!

IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_5512.JPG

Gave up on the 7I76e for now...
I did get the electronics on the wall though!!!

Looks good !

Yeah, Linux cnc / 7176e was a hard road. My desire to use path pilot was why I went for the 7176e and Linuxcnc. After the minimum install of Linux cnc and wiring the 7176e it was apparent I was in over my head and fear it ever needing rebuilding, much less getting path pilot to work. I was going to offer to sell my working LinuxCNC 7176e setup to you if you really wanted to go down that path but your too far down the rabbit hole already ! I will say, after you get it going, it feels like you have done something amazing ! Hope you can keep at it and reach the summit , so to speak.
Jake

Glad you like it,
I got a machine running linux and linux cnc so I am good to go. I thought I should do the wall installation and get the machine is good working order before tearing its guts out again.

Happy new year.

Glad you like it,
I got a machine running linux and linux cnc so I am good to go. I thought I should do the wall installation and get the machine is good working order before tearing its guts out again.

Happy new year.

Very cool.

Happy Nee Year !

Do you know where to find the nmotion mach3 plugin?

Did your mill come with a USB drive ? I believe the installer on the usb memory stick has the needed software.

Back