My PM1130 came today damn it.

sportfan

Registered
Registered
I got a text today that I had a pallet at a local business. It was where my lathe was to be delivered. I had talked to a gal at PM weeks ago and told her to contact me when they were going to start filling orders and she said she would. I explained to her I had two surgeries and a trip coming up that would really be a conflict on a delivery . She said they could keep it until I was ready for it. Well I don't know what happen but, they didn't contact me. My doctor would crap if he knew I was up all day moving and setting up the lathe today. I go in tomorrow for the second surgery. So for a surprise notice today worked out because after tomorrow it would be three weeks before I could have gone after the lathe. It sure looks good sitting there . As soon as I can drive again, I'm going on that trip.
my lathe (1).JPG

Wishing you speedy healing, enjoy...

JOhn

That looks nice, I like the drawers.

Looks great, congratulations!
Get well soon!

The day after I had minor surgury for something that... makes sitting uncomfortable, I was in the garage moving a 1500-lb PM-935 mill into place. You know, I think you may be onto something, that PM is an excellent solution to speed recovery for medical procedures!

PM did the same thing to me back in April. Had a PM1236 /w cast iron stands on order and I was right in the middle of selling my home and buying another. I arranged for PM to hold the lathe an extra week or two so I could have it shipped to the new house. They said sure, no problem! Just advised there would be a fee if they held it in the warehouse for more than 30 days.

Well, about 3 days later I got the "your lathe has shipped!" email. So I had to rent a truck with a lift gate and a pallet jack to physically move the lathe from the old house to the new house. Not the end of the world.. but there is definitely a disconnect between the office folks and the warehouse folks at PM.

Congrats on your new lathe, and here is to a speedy recovery!

Nice new family member. Enjoy it and good luck and best wishes with the surgery.

Fantastic! My pm1130 is currently on the pallet in the back of my pickup. It's going to be a multi-step, multi-small move process to get it into my shop, but that's the plan for today. Praying that all the lifting and moving tools hold up, and none sink into the ground.

Back