No, I got it from ENCO. I looked at the PM45 at the time but they were back ordered with no firm delivery and Enco had them in stock so no waiting. I got a 12x36 lathe at the same time, I had a bonus check burning a hole in my pocket :)

I got a grizzly G4002 lathe About two years ago. Its been a real good little lathe for the price. I also got a HF mini mill that I put a belt drive in and it sucked. IT was ok for plastic and lite alu. but thats about it. I'm looking forward to getting a bigger mill.

Once again Matt hooked me up & has made me very happy again! I can't emphasize how much I love to work with him & how great he is. He will ALWAYS get my business!

Been waiting very patiently for Matt to get the ES-12s in. Got a smoking deal on it!

As always, I have to say, Matt is the best!

Img_7396_zps171364af.jpg

Img_7397_zpsd62a3dff.jpg

Img_7400_zps164186b2.jpg

Img_7401_zps35e5556e.jpg

Img_7403_zps9fe631d8.jpg

Img_7406_zps926fafd1.jpg

And since it's Easson I'm pretty sure it would have speed readout too & without reading the manual yet I verified that it did.
Img_7409_zps033380fb.jpg

Time to go read the manual......

Last edited:
Woah... sexy!

How's the translation on the user manual?

Ray

Woah... sexy!

How's the translation on the user manual?

Ray

I'm sure it's the same level of Chinglish as the ES-8A manual but I'll take a look after dinner.

EDIT: I take that back, the manual is pretty good as is the ES-8A manual. Guess I was thinking about another DRO manual.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention. I don't have a wall mount or machine mount R8 rack but a great alternative to those who don't wish to wall mount, Sisan Co makes great racks, very solid. Buy directly from them or from ebay. I purchased directly through their site, free shipping, & since they're local to me, it arrived the next day.

I currently have their R8 rack but planning on getting a ER-40 rack too.

Img_7099_zps33b990e8.jpg

That face cutter on the left... I've got one the same style. LOVE it.

Will, Matt must like you alot. He told me it would cost $200.00 to change my ES-8 to the ES-12 if it was still new in the packing. Still waiting for my machine to show up, maybe monday I hope. I haven't read anything on the ES-12, Are they that much better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will, Matt must like you alot. He told me it would cost $200.00 to change my ES-8 to the ES-12 if it was still new in the packing. Still waiting for my machine to show up, maybe monday I hope. I haven't read anything on the ES-12, Are they that much better?

Oops, sorry, I posted my reply in your post by accident! :banghead:

That's a good price. I can't really say right now that they are that much better but I'm loving it so far. We'll see later if my idea works.

That face cutter on the left... I've got one the same style. LOVE it.

Same here, I love that GMT FM. The Korloy inserts from GMT are expensive. I got them for a 3rd of the cost here.

I've been very lucky on scoring tooling for the mill. A fellow member from another forum converted his PM45M to CNC. He converted his spindle to BT30 & had no need for his R8 tooling anymore. Lucky for me he is local to me & I was able to score the GMT FM, Criterion boring head, & a Bison ER-40 collet chuck with the Lyndex BB nut (so now I have two) for a great deal. It's quiet a sight to see the CNC conversion in action along with how quite his 8000rpm belt conversion is.

From the same person I got an extra stand from the PM45 for free as it was headed to the scrap yard. Painted it, added a cheap dolley, & a wood top to it...now it's a rolling work cart as an accessory for my mill.

Img_7417_zps102f2884.jpg

Last edited:
Back