My Prusa Print Farm.

Contract_Pilot

Active User
Registered
My small print farm, I use these to support my projects. One was Nice but I have many times had all 3 going at once and wish I had a 6th at times.

Prusa-Rhine_Labs-No.-3-SM.jpg

Was thinking of changing to the Bambu Carbon X1's for the extra speed and easy multi material printing.

My small print farm, I use these to support my projects. One was Nice but I have many times had all 3 going at once and wish I had a 6th at times.

Prusa-Rhine_Labs-No.-3-SM.jpg

Was thinking of changing to the Bambu Carbon X1's for the extra speed and easy multi material printing.
I run a Bambu Carbon X1 at work to support jigs and fixtures for production.

All I can say about it is they really know what they are doing.

Had to switch material today so I ran the calibration and it’s working away on a print one of our engineers is “too busy” to run herself.

We have a Raise 3D Pro 2 that it replaced and the difference is night and day in terms of just getting stuff done. I keep thinking about fixing up the Raise but honestly I don’t think it’s worth the time, at least for work.

I’m not good at this stuff by any stretch of the imagination, but the ease of use and speed of the Bambu is really a joy to use.

John

Just curious, what are you printing that you needed all three printing at the same time! Mine sometimes sets for a couple weeks without being used at all.

Just curious, what are you printing that you needed all three printing at the same time! Mine sometimes sets for a couple weeks without being used at all.
All sorts of widgets, parts, fixtures, etc. when a print is 8-12 hours+ and multiple parts that take up most the bed having 3 printers saves hours to days.

I run a Bambu Carbon X1 at work to support jigs and fixtures for production.

All I can say about it is they really know what they are doing.

Had to switch material today so I ran the calibration and it’s working away on a print one of our engineers is “too busy” to run herself.

We have a Raise 3D Pro 2 that it replaced and the difference is night and day in terms of just getting stuff done. I keep thinking about fixing up the Raise but honestly I don’t think it’s worth the time, at least for work.

I’m not good at this stuff by any stretch of the imagination, but the ease of use and speed of the Bambu is really a joy to use.

John
I have been very happy at the reliability of my prusa's they simply work. I have herd nothing but great things about the Bambu I also like they are in an enclosure no time to build one for the prusa's.

I'm very pleased with my X1 Carbon, BUT the AMS (automatic / multiple filament feeder) has one drawback: if you leave PLA in it, the PLA will break and you will have to take it apart to get the broken piece out. Not hard, but a right nuisance because you only discover it when you're ready to print. PLA apparently takes a 'set' on the spool and doesn't like to be out of that position for long (think weeks). The AMS has a rather sharp bend in the filament path shortly after the filament enters the feeder. That's where it breaks. The solution is to not leave spools 'loaded' if they will be idle for a long period. AFAIK this only applies to PLA. I just retract the PLA when I'm done using it, and that seems to "fix" the problem.

GsT

Ok, 1st Bambu X1 Carbon has been added to print farm as of today! Small flaw in the sheet metal but could not pass up the deal!

Rhine-Labs-Bambu-X1-Carbon.jpg

Back