My scrap yard find (Warning! Tool gloat)

Benny should be home now, I'll call him & see. I'll get you the serial # but if it turns up on a hot list I'm gonna stick it on yours :lmao:

Benny should be home now, I'll call him & see. I'll get you the serial # but if it turns up on a hot list I'm gonna stick it on yours :lmao:

Got home last night.

You score pales the scrap yard vise find I made a couple of months ago. I found what I thought was a Kurt. Got it home and cleaned the dirt off and it was a clone made by or at least sold by this company: http://www.autowell.com.tw/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=13&pc_parent=23

Do you want to trade even, heck I will even give you a couple of dollars to boot. :lmao::lmao: If not :( I will keep it and will use it on the horizontal mill so I don't have to move the Kurt from the vertical.

If you keep going you will complete your shop with scrap yard finds. Keep it up! Its great to save these tools from the furnace.

Benny

Benny! welcome home from that other Country! I too thought it was a heck of a good find; ya just never know what you might run into. Charley, the serial number on mine shows as 100893, there is no model number on mine though. Most of the paint has come off of the plate, but what is left is the same shade of blue yours has, doesn't say anything in "paint". the only thing legible is the number, but obviously that's stamped in.
Bob

Got home last night.

You score pales the scrap yard vise find I made a couple of months ago. I found what I thought was a Kurt. Got it home and cleaned the dirt off and it was a clone made by or at least sold by this company: http://www.autowell.com.tw/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=13&pc_parent=23

Do you want to trade even, heck I will even give you a couple of dollars to boot. :lmao::lmao: If not :( I will keep it and will use it on the horizontal mill so I don't have to move the Kurt from the vertical.

If you keep going you will complete your shop with scrap yard finds. Keep it up! Its great to save these tools from the furnace.

Benny

Sorry your having to suck hind tit with your Bridgeport clone & now your Kurt clone. I will let you come over and rub some oil on my stuff though:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Bob I'll get the #s off mine later tonight, My tag was in perfect condition until I got a little Purple Power on it.Wonder why they put the tags on opposite sides on some of their vises? I can still see a little blue paint in the casting pores on mine.

Oh, welcome home Benny.

you guys are too funny
rub some oil on mine
steve

Hey Charley,
Thanks for the info; I really don't know if my vise is actually a Kurt, hence the request for the number. So much paint is missing off the placard that nothing actually says "Kurt" so I was just trying to confirm it.
Thanks again!!
Bob

Back