My sewing machine motor driven 'X' feed for the mini mill.

Josh

Registered
Registered
I have just finished a project for the mini mill 'X' feed, using a Sears sewing machine motor and a jack shaft design to obtain a 10-1 ratio speed, because the motor doesn't have a lot of power for milling. However I purchased a motor and the hand wheel with the clutch mechanism. I made the design on auto cad and I will send anyone pictures and a video if desired.DSC02600.JPGDSC02599.JPGDSC02598.JPGDSC02601.JPGDSC02602.JPGDSC02603.JPGDSC02605.JPG

DSC02598.JPG DSC02599.JPG DSC02600.JPG DSC02601.JPG DSC02602.JPG DSC02603.JPG DSC02605.JPG

Nice job!
I have the exact same motor I will sue for my lathe project, do you have any problems with the flat timing belt in the V belt pulley that's on it?

Nice job!
I have the exact same motor I will sue for my lathe project, do you have any problems with the flat timing belt in the V belt pulley that's on it?
no but the tension is important.

Would you mind posting the wiring diagram for your project? There are people here that would probably love to do something similar to what you did, but would not know how to go about the wiring part of it.

Would you mind posting the wiring diagram for your project? There are people here that would probably love to do something similar to what you did, but would not know how to go about the wiring part of it.

This is one of the simplest circuits there is.

Have one lead going to the motor and one to the switch, and the same one on the switch also bridges through the potentiometer and to the other lead to the motor.

I have a windshield wiper motor from a Saturn that has worked for years on my mini mill,2 speed reverseable with 12v power supply.

I will post the diagram today, thanks for the input.

would a power window motor work for something like this?

Back