MY SHOP

Very nice shop, indeed. But, as the others have already pointed out, your shop is almost too clean. It must be a pleasure to work in!

Nice, well equipped shop. I love it!

Marcel

Very nice, and well kept. That black colored artifact behind and to the left of your Mazak, Is that the Birch planer? It looks like interesting old iron.
Gotta love the Colchester Student. I'm repairing a Triumph at the moment (unfortunately not for me, but at least I get to use the one I'm fixing whenever I want).
The workshop that it is in is nowhere near as clean as yours.
2014-05-02 -1950s-Colchester-Triumph.jpg

2014-05-02 -1950s-Colchester-Triumph.jpg

The machine near the the mazak lathe is a Birch planer circa 1880 odd
i think}. To my limited knowledge there is only 3 left in the world.
Should get it all together this winter. the machine is complete and in good nick.

The student colchester now has a belt drive on the spindle as the gear box was driving me crazy.

i drive the lead screw with a variable speed dc motor. Have attached a couple pics of the planer.

THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND REMARKS.

DANIEL [DIDTAS}

PC090122.JPG PC090123.JPG

It's a beautiful machine. You are fortunate indeed. Thanks for the extra pictures. :))

Wow Daniel, that is a fantastic shop you have out together there... And man OH man, that is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Planer there... Wow. Please please keep us up tomato on that, when you get it running- I ow pull LOVE to see video of that running, if you ever get a chance to shoot some! Looks pristine!

Thanks for posting!

Bernie

Gray planer.jpg
Should get it all together this winter. the machine is complete and in good nick.

The student colchester now has a belt drive on the spindle as the gear box was driving me crazy.

i drive the lead screw with a variable speed dc motor. Have attached a couple pics of the planer.

THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND REMARKS.

DANIEL [DIDTAS}
I think I just saw one of those on YouTube! I'll go check.
J
Nope.It's a Gray Planer.

Gray planer.jpg

I'm curious to know how many of the contemporary "CNC" machines made with MDF scraps and a Dremel will be still at work after 134 years.

Back