My Take On A Bandsaw Chip Pan

papermaker

Active User
Registered
I was getting tired of sweeping up after using my bandsaw and seeing some of the modifications people have made to their saws it inspired me to build something. I didn't really want to butcher my saw but wanted something that worked.I made a angle iron bracket to hold a $2.00 brownie pan from Walmart. I used two button head screws to mount it to the saw. Only one hole had to be drilled and the other screw went through a hole that was there to secure the ground wire for the on/off switch. Very happy with how well it turned out.bandsaw chip pan 2.jpgchip pan bandsaw.jpgbandsaw chip pan 3.jpg

bandsaw chip pan 2.jpg bandsaw chip pan 3.jpg chip pan bandsaw.jpg

Excellent idea. They all should come with that installed.

Used it today to cut some 1/2" x 3" CRS and it seemed good not to have a pile of chips on the floor.I agree with the fact that they should come with a chip pan , Actually they do though... But it costs about $800 more.
If anyone is going to set up a metalworking shop they should make their first purchase one of these saws. I think they are all made in the same factory in China.

Ae shucks!!! For over 35 years,I've had a cardboard box under mine!!!:)

I like that and going to make one today.Thanks for sharing.

Ian (seagar)

Re: My Take On A Bandsaw Chip Pan..ME TOO!

I bought my saw back around 1985...got around to adding a pan about 5 years ago[better late than never]

sawSHELFweldment.jpg

Nice, now I have something else to add to my to do list...lol. It beats the heck out of my popcorn tin =)

Back