My take on a tool holder organizer

zippyslug31

Registered
Registered
I recently added some QCTP tool holders but the tool shelf I originally built behind my lathe was a little limited in real-estate. Instead of cramming my holders side-by-side as I've seen others do, I wanted to keep a minimal footprint on the tight space so I opted to go vertical.

I built a 4-sided box out of scrap OSB and cut up some "L's" out of left over shelving rack posts to mount the holders. The box was then attached to a melamine base with a small parcel shelf to store my inserts & blanks. The entire thing was then attached to a spare rotating turntable (found a box of them at a garage sale for $2 :D ) which makes for easy access to any of the tools. The L's are bent slightly upward so the holders won't fly off if the turntable is spun too fast.

I've seen plenty of organizers, but not quite in this layout so figured I'd share it in case it's an idea for anybody with the same issue. It's far from pretty, but it works well.
For scale, the holders are AXA.

Capture.JPG

Yes, great idea. I may have to rethink what I was going to do!

That is a grate idea wanting to put one of those in the storage cabinet under my lathe.

Back