My Trip To Hutchinson, KS

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
At 6:30 am, this morning, I left the house and started the 1400 mile journey from Syracuse, NY to Hutchinson, KS. I going to help start up and witness the fire testing, of a 70 million BTU boiler, on Wednesday the buyer’s rep will be there to witness for the customer, the boiler, in rough in mode, before shipment to NYS.

I did a 1000 miles today, stopped over in Kingdom City, MO, for the night and will drive on to Hutchinson, KS in the morning.

If all goes well, should be home next weekend.

I love a good roadtrip . The truck and trailer are ready for my trek up to near where you started this morning , just a few miles northeast of Syracuse . The next 3 days , 65 degrees and nothing but sun ! Only a one night stay on the property to pick up some stuff I left there two weeks ago.

For distances farther than 400 miles flying is faster :)
Did I forget you don't fly, or covid?

For distances farther than 400 miles flying is faster :)
Did I forget you don't fly, or covid?

Ha ! LOL , I'm only 368 miles one way , and the only living creatures I will run into are the dogs , and maybe bears , fishers , big cats , snowshoe wabbits and possibly a moose . :big grin:

Along with you, I was also thinking about Jack

He has a haul for sure . maybe worth it to fly .

After visiting about 77 countries over the span when I was doing international service, I’m not a big fan of flying anymore, but would if absolutely necessary. The COVID restrictions played a part in the decision, but the 600#+ of specialized test equipment, was the major factor, the Chrysler mini van (rental), is basically packed solid.

Pictures or it didn't happen....

I'd love to see a video of a 70 million BTU boiler, that is of course if you are allowed.

John

Safe travels, and may fine weather follow you on your trek!

You aren't installing that boiler at North American Salt, are you?

Back