My turn to machine a fly cutter.

I meant to ask what coolant system you are using on the mill. It seems to produce a nice mist.

I meant to ask what coolant system you are using on the mill. It seems to produce a nice mist.

This was my first project using the coolant system. This is the cheap (~$12.00) misters off of eBay. I found a seller in the States & didn't have to wait a month for them to be delivered. The slip in air line fitting is 8 mm which is practically identical to 5/16". I had to add the ball valve. It's a simple siphon system that actually works quite well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A really good build of a fly cutter. thanks for linking to it.

Is Lee still a member, here? I have not seen a resent videos in a while. I really like his videos. I hope he is well, and healthy.
CH

I have added one of these to the project list. I have some mystery steel that is 1.5 OD. Would that be big enough to make a fly cutter for a RF30 mill clone? Also would a .500 OD be big enough for the shaft that fits in the collet. Why I ask is I like to use my .500 and .375 collets whenever possible. Keeps me from having to change out collets.

Back