My week this week, my workshop videos.

Hi All, We complete the MOT work on the Volvo, only to find we can't get a test booked till next Wednesday! No matter, we have plenty of field work to complete so it is on to clearing out around the new fence in the Field and a couple od days of "Osswork" It nearly kills us, but we just survive! It has made a huge inprovement, and I can report that Saturday morning I am feeling better than I have felt since before getting covid in November. Even though the work is very hard, even the icy blast from the north on friday, complete with sleety rain Couldn't stop us!
Phil, sun wind and sleet in East Yorkshire

Hi All, The Volve passed its MOT! so keith is back on wheels again! So tis back to the fencing, and a day in the workshop doing a few jobs on the tractor, and mending a pillar drill spindle for the FIL! Bitterly cold north wind blowing, and snow forecast for next tuesday! I may stay in bed!
Phil, the north wind doth blow and we shall have snow in East Yorkshire!

Sorry folks, no video this week, went to the workshop monday had a good tidy up and did a few little jobs, reached for the camera only to realise that the case was empty and the camera was back in Driffield on my desk! then the weather turned and was very cold and snowy and Langtoft was suddenly very far away!! Back with a vengance next week!
Phil

Hi All, We take advantage of the gradually warming weather to finish the fencing on the dog run, and then clear out the rest of the bank top in prepeation for the new fence up the side of the field to the house. Wednesday I am back in the workshop, and thursday its another mixed bag of Antique repairs and appliances on friday!
Phil, It could be spring in East Yorkshire!

I started the week with a couple of days of small repairs in the workshop, then went up to the field, and continued with our big clearance in readiness for the new fencing. Fixed a hydraulic leak on the tractor tip pipe. I also ordered the PTO clutch for the tractor, and on sunday, went to Catwick to buy a very reasonably priced machine lamp which is the exact one for the Harrison milling machine, but more of that next week!
Phil in windy, rainy but definitely springlike East Yorkshire

Hi All, A short week again due to the recurring Covid symptoms that many people seem to be suffering from! Monday I started the rewire of the British Legion Hall which is about to become my brothers workshop, Then a blur of headaches, stiff necks etc followed by a very productive friday whence I fitted the over run clutch to the fordson, and stripped and painted my new machine lamp for the Harrison millimg machine. In all we are moving forward, unlike the weather which has regressed to wet and cold! All we need is a couple of good drying days and we will be grass cutting!
Phil, It is wet and cold in East Yorkshire!

Hi All,

This week I get to redecorate a machine lamp for the Harrison Mill, and a main switch for the legion rewire job. As usual we have a tidy up midweek, and then spend Friday removing the old fencing in the field The weather was not kind to us this week, we had two days of beutifull sunshine and were all set to give the tractor and topper its first outing on Wednesday, and it rained! we need about three days of clear breezy weather to get out and cut it! It will happen,but it needs to be soon as it is slowly beginning to grow.
Phil, April showers in East Yorkshire

Hi All, A week of field work and a lot of rain means that the grass will be growing, but too wet to cut! We are assaulted by wild dogs, and I get in the machine lamp rebuild as well! All in all, a productive week, and got to meet a new friend called Noah who is into boatbuilding and wildlife preservation! Have a look at Carl Wilsons channel where he is refurbing a Harrison milling machine with an identical lovolite. A true perfectionist!
Phil, In biblically wet East Yorkshire

Hi All, The Fordson comes into its own, and proves how tough it is! after an hour or so of clearing brambles the engine sounds sweet as a nut, the oil pressure and temperature are rock solid, and she is not smoking from the exhaust, it was always a good starter, but after an afternoons working it seems to be even better, The hydraulic leak has dissapeared and everything works as it should. I am beggining to understand how to set up the topper, and we have decided that after we have cleared all the brambles, we will drop it down a notch and do another cut, weather permitting of course. Phil, In warm and wet East Yorkshire.

Hi All,
A short showery week, but we made inroads into having useful and reliable machinery to use in the field! I find a major problem( but easily solved) with the throttle set up on the Toro tractor, and the dodgy clutch is fixed to perfection! I fit (another) new starter, and various other problems which have shown up during "field trials". Then we finish the framing and boarding on the trailer, but first we fix the puncture!
Windy and wet in East yorkshire with even a few snowflakes!
Phil

Back