My welding skills are inferior

@Harry Knutz I have two main beams, a 4" X 4" X .250 tube that is 6 feet wide, and an 11' 4" wide beam made from a 4" X 8" X .188 tube, The wide one is to move a trailer underneath. It has a 5 ton capacity.
That is very good. That was the main reason I didn't buy the Harbor Freight Gantry Crane, Is that it was barely wide enough to pull a pickup truck through.

When welding goes terribly wrong.

Attachments

• AFF580CC-81C0-44F6-B32F-8F9FA394279C.jpeg
    AFF580CC-81C0-44F6-B32F-8F9FA394279C.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 23
When welding goes terribly wrong.
That's why my nickname is "Sparky" I have had the name for 35 years, I used to regularly catch on fire while I was welding. I still have the scars all over my forearms from my early days of welding in shops that didn't have a lot of safety equipt.

That's why my nickname is "Sparky" I have had the name for 35 years, I used to regularly catch on fire while I was welding. I still have the scars all over my forearms from my early days of welding in shops that didn't have a lot of safety equipt.
I had the same thing happen to me many times. It aways would happen was when I was at a place when I wanted the weld to look good I'd get that warm feeling on my leg and know I was on fire. So now the decision is do I keep welding or put out my smoldering pants. Not wanting my weld look bad by stopping mid way and restarting I usually opted to keep welding. Right, what's more important?

That's why everyone where I used to work wore company supplied Nomex clothing

Back