My workshop in the Bunya Mountains.

I did not know what a Fronius was. Just looked them up. Very nice. Also, noticed some cool ordnance on the end of the shelf. If you have the firearms that go with them you should not have any critter problems. :roflmao::roflmao:

Jeff

Hello from across the world!

Can you cut windows in that thing and maintain security? Love it!

Bernie

Awesome shop, Greg! Nice set up and very well organized. Running electric power 300 meters underground and across a ravine? That must have been a fair amount of work!

I have to ask - does it get hot inside during your summer months? I don't see a fan or AC in the pics.

I also liked your multi-exposure Bush Pig shot!

Thanks for kind remarks Mikey.

Brisbane is tropical (Tropic of Capricorn just north of here). But my shed is high up (By Oz standards) 700metres above sea level (1000yards ?) and so it stays cool in the nights, very cold in winter but not often below zero. All round a good temperature. Some days too hot in the shed but not often.

Jeff ... the ordance are just 22s. Illegal to have any firearm at all over here unless you own more than 40 acres, and then an exam and licence. I can get a licence but it will only allow me to shoot downwards into a trap where I have caught the pig. (I kept my grandads little rabbit gun ... Haaaaa) You can't use that on a pig, he will just attack you then. But in general he will never attack you if you leave him alone. I leave them alone ... haaaa !!

PS: opps ... just realised you are talking about the military shells ... haaa ... yeah .. they are decommissioned. My mate collects them and they are some of his rejects. The big one on the left is an outer container for a 'Shotgun' shell that was used to 'start' Canberra Bombers. It was loaded into a 'handgun' and screwed into a breech on the side of the plane and then fired. The jet engines would start up.

Hi Bernie ... I can cut the windows ... and many people here do ... and many more people here live in them. They separate two 40 footers and build an annexe/awning between them. Its illegal but they do it. But I work in Brisbane 4 days a week and live up here the other 3. So I keep it secured. I have a shack built here as well now, but for the first 18mths I lived in the container while building.

The Shack

cool bananas and thank you for kind welcomes peoples ... Greg

Holy Cow!!!! I have been trying to get a container like that to convert. Most of the shipping companies sell them because it is cheaper to do that than to return them empty. No joy on the container yet for me. As a note, I did notice you had gas cans stored in there, be carefull and allow it to vent completely before you turn on any machines or weld, dont wanna read about you visiting the Hubble without a space suit!!!!! Very nice little shop, storage, and security can indeed.

Bob

Holy Cow!!!! I have been trying to get a container like that to convert. Most of the shipping companies sell them because it is cheaper to do that than to return them empty. No joy on the container yet for me. As a note, I did notice you had gas cans stored in there, be carefull and allow it to vent completely before you turn on any machines or weld, dont wanna read about you visiting the Hubble without a space suit!!!!! Very nice little shop, storage, and security can indeed.

Bob

Haaa .... I have a vent on the roof with a 'whirlibird' and two vents on the side. I always check for gas (lpg) and fuel (gas ?) as well. But more, I check for carpet snakes (pythons about 2m or 6' long) They crawl in for warmth and get up on the shelves ... but they are not venomous, but still can give a nasty bite.

Containers, over here sell for about $3,000, painted, renovated and vented. 40' and 20' about the same price. But a 40'er costs a lot of money for delivery as it requires a semi (22 wheeler ?) with a container hoist to deliver. A 20'er just loads on a tilt tray truck.

Thank you for kind remarks.

Great looking shack you built and nice views to go with it.

Absolutely stunning setup! Are you a climber as well? I see some ropes and gear. Where will the mill go?

cheers,
Tom

Greg you make my heart soar like a Hawk. The retirement life most of us only dream about. Too bad about the gun laws. Can you bow hunt? You have inspired us all. Good life to you...............
BB

You have a very well organized shop. Looks like a nice place to work. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Absolutely stunning setup! Are you a climber as well? I see some ropes and gear. Where will the mill go?

cheers,
Tom

The Kernmantle rope was one of the first things I noticed and the guys wearing the same shirt.:))

Back