Naming machines (separate controllers) in new version of TouchDRO

9t8z28

Registered
Registered
I am trying to find where you go in the latest version of touchDRO to name your devices. For instance, on the old version I was able to give a name to my mill and my lathe so it was easier to know which Bluetooth to connect to. Does anyone know how to do this or is this not available yet?
I just purchased a new Samsung A7 8” tablet so that I could download the new version of Touchdro since my old tablets operating system was to old.

I am also having an issue where on my mill the X-axis jumps from 0 to 12” or so back and fourth. When I connect my old tablet with the original Touchdro version I don’t have this issue. Does anyone know what could be causing it? I am using igaging scales. I know they’re not the best scales but I really don’t need anything special on the mill.

My last question is, does Yuri offer a controller that can utilize a igaging scale and a glass scale on the same machine?

thank you
Brandon T

I am trying to find where you go in the latest version of touchDRO to name your devices. For instance, on the old version I was able to give a name to my mill and my lathe so it was easier to know which Bluetooth to connect to. Does anyone know how to do this or is this not available yet?
I just purchased a new Samsung A7 8” tablet so that I could download the new version of Touchdro since my old tablets operating system was to old.

I am also having an issue where on my mill the X-axis jumps from 0 to 12” or so back and fourth. When I connect my old tablet with the original Touchdro version I don’t have this issue. Does anyone know what could be causing it? I am using igaging scales. I know they’re not the best scales but I really don’t need anything special on the mill.

My last question is, does Yuri offer a controller that can utilize a igaging scale and a glass scale on the same machine?

thank you
Brandon T
Hi Brandon,
Renaming a device is not a TouchDRO thing. Some tablets have a way to add an "alias". This is not a part of stock Android API, or BT standard. TouchDRO looks for an alias, but if it doesn't find it in the expected spots, it will use the name.

How is your X axis configured? I.e. do you accidentally have two inputs summed in your X axis settings? Do you happen to have digital filter turned on in the old app but not in the new app?
Position data comes from the adapter, so it's weird that the new app is making things up, and the old one isn't.

I don't sell anything that can working with iGaging scales anymore (as of 2 weeks ago).

Regards
Yuriy

Hi Brandon,
Renaming a device is not a TouchDRO thing. Some tablets have a way to add an "alias". This is not a part of stock Android API, or BT standard. TouchDRO looks for an alias, but if it doesn't find it in the expected spots, it will use the name.

How is your X axis configured? I.e. do you accidentally have two inputs summed in your X axis settings? Do you happen to have digital filter turned on in the old app but not in the new app?
Position data comes from the adapter, so it's weird that the new app is making things up, and the old one isn't.

I don't sell anything that can working with iGaging scales anymore (as of 2 weeks ago).

Regards
Yuriy
I checked and I do not have 2 axis selected for the X axis. I will check on the filter and report back what I find.

I just looked into the settings in regard to the filter and neither filter is on in either the old version or the new version. The issue usually seems to happen when I first power up the Touchdro app and if I run the axis a few inches in either direct it seems to stop jumping until I move the Y or Z axis and then it randomly jumps. When I go back to the old app this issue goes away.

Another issue that I just noticed is that the readout is doubled on the X-axis. If I move this axis .050” the DRO reads .100”. I looked into the settings and cant find anywhere I could remedy this. Its almost like its setup as a lathe X axis where you can switch between radius and diameter. I have made sure that I have a vertical mill selected as the machine type. Again, when I switch back to the old app this issue is not present.

Maybe these 2 issues are related?

Last edited:
I just looked into the settings in regard to the filter and neither filter is on in either the old version or the new version. The issue usually seems to happen when I first power up the Touchdro app and if I run the axis a few inches in either direct it seems to stop jumping until I move the Y or Z axis and then it randomly jumps. When I go back to the old app this issue goes away.

Another issue that I just noticed is that the readout is doubled on the X-axis. If I move this axis .050” the DRO reads .100”. I looked into the settings and cant find anywhere I could remedy this. Its almost like its setup as a lathe X axis where you can switch between radius and diameter. I have made sure that I have a vertical mill selected as the machine type. Again, when I switch back to the old app this issue is not present.

Maybe these 2 issues are related?
Any thoughts Yuri or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Any thoughts Yuri or is there somewhere else I should be looking?
I can't reproduce either of these behaviors, and have not heard of anyone else having this issue, so the only thing I can think of is that there is something screwed up in the configuration. If you OK with "nuking" the app settings, you can try fully uninstalling and re-installing the app. If not, try creating a brand new configuration and see if that resolves the jumping/doubling.

Back