Need 1-56 Screws!

darita

Registered
Registered
Help please! I can't seem to find any supplier that carries 1-56 round head slotted screws. I'd prefer something that can be shined up to resemble nickel plate. Everyone that carries small screws, seems to start at 2-56. Help please!

Did you need 1-56? Fastenal carries 1-64 and 1-72 round head machine screws in brass and stainless. Brass can be nickel plated fairly easily.

McMaster has 1-64 and 1-72 in round head Brass Stainless and regular Steel. No 1-56 though, and if they don't have it I doubt anyone else will.

Machinery's Handbook doesn't list 1-56 as a standard size; or even a non-standard size.
Could you possibly be looking for 2-56? Those are pretty common.

This screw fits an alarm clock made in the early 1900's, so that may be why it no longer shows. It's a decorative screw that attaches the front trim of the clock.
I got the size of the screw from a listing on the website of an expert clock repair and restoration person, who is also a historian on the subject.

Ok that was what I was thinking watch or clock. Go to your local jewelers that does watch repair and talk to the repair person.

This screw fits an alarm clock made in the early 1900's, so that may be why it no longer shows. It's a decorative screw that attaches the front trim of the clock.
I got the size of the screw from a listing on the website of an expert clock repair and restoration person, who is also a historian on the subject.
Perhaps the info on the website is incorrect? someone typed a 1 instead of a 2 ???

Help please! I can't seem to find any supplier that carries 1-56 round head slotted screws. I'd prefer something that can be shined up to resemble nickel plate. Everyone that carries small screws, seems to start at 2-56. Help please!

Website "Drills & Cutters" sells the die you need to make your own.This is a reputable company that I buy from often.
I tried to find a supplier for you,no dice. # 1-56 x 13/16" diameter round die , $17.42
SKU DWTSR 1316156
Brand ,Qualtech
If you make the screw from hex stock you do not need to bother making the slotted heads.

mike

Back