need 10 brass shafts built

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Is anyone interested in making 10 brass shafts, I prefer 485 brass,
they are 5/8" od collar, about 1/2" bearing surface, threaded on both ends, had 1/4" of straight knurl and 2 pin holes drilled in.... one for a cotter pin on the small threaded end, the other is a bottomed hole in the knurl. I can provide the brass or you can. Thanks Tim

What’s the part for,application, and tolerances?
Its a trim screw for an antique airplane, tolerance is probably +/-.003 on most dimensions, I had 3 and lost them, so I have to replace them to the orignial owner and give myself a few spares.

The threaded sections look like a steel shaft, passing thru a brass/bronze sleeve- are you sure you want the whole part in brass? Won't be as strong
mark

It is 100% brass, they wear out so the other parts in the system do not. It is sacrifical in the overall system.

Trim as in control surface trim?

Trim as in control surface trim?
Yes, there is a 9" long tab that has a link to bellcrank that comes off the screw, to adjust the elevator in flight. This thing is from 1941 and the OEM has been gone since the mid 70's. I also build a few other part but my lathe is currently not working so I am looking at a machine shop locally or provide some money to the tribe.

Do NOT tell anyone that it is for airplane.

Provide sample or drawing and specify dimensions and supply the material to avoid certification of supply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I would love to help out but we're not back in Canada until Easter.
Best of luck with it.
Jim

Too late now...it wont let me edit...and I wont delete the thread. No liability for this because its an owner produced part.

Back