Need a Metal Bandsaw Blade

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I just picked up a Harbor Freight 7x12 bandsaw. It's on sale for $829.99 and has gotten many good reviews (none negative I could find anywhere). I found this 25%-off code 54708713 and that dropped it down to $666.06. Now, I couldn't buy it for that amount so I threw in a few other things. But for that price I figure what the heck. I'm tired of counting my fingers after cutting steel with a 4" cut-off wheeled grinder all these years. So now I need a good blade for it. I'll mostly be cutting around 0.250" or smaller but occasionally might be thicker. I'll need one blade for the smaller stuff and one for the thicker, correct? I know there'll be some aluminum but I don't see stainless in the future or any exotic metals. Where do you get your blades and what's your opinion on what I should get? Thanks.

Last edited:
I just picked up a Harbor Freight 7x12 bandsaw. It's on sale for $829.99 and has gotten many good reviews (none negative I could find anywhere). I found this 25%-off code 54708713 and that dropped it down to $666.06. Now, I couldn't buy it for that amount so I threw in a few other things. But for that price I figure what the heck. I'm tired of counting my fingers after cutting steel with a 4" cut-off wheeled grinder all these years. So now I need a good blade for it. I'll mostly be cutting around 0.250" or smaller but occasionally might be thicker. I'll need one blade for the smaller stuff and one for the thicker, correct? I know there'll be some aluminum but I don't see stainless in the future or any exotic metals. What's your opinion on what I should get? Thanks.

To start a 10-14 pitch bi-metal blade would be my choice. Lennox is a good quality brand. If you intend to cut thick aluminum I'd suggest a skip tooth blade which has deep gullets for better chip load.(but only for aluminum or wood).

Try ePay. I found Lennox blades a few weeks ago for around 10.00 apiece, shipping included.

Hi Splat,
I found that MSC and /or enco have a good variety of blades at a good price also. Even their Starrett blades are priced right.

Don’t forget, it comes with a blade. I also have that HF saw and still with the original HF blade on it after about 2 years use!

I have had good results with "abetterblade" bimetal on my little bandsaw.

I went through the same search about a year ago. I went with http://www.supercutbandsaw.com surprisingly HF carries their blades, but only for certain sizes. I think I ended up with 10-14 varitooth bimetal. I have been very happy with it. Been a year since I got it, haven't used it terribly heavy, but enough to be certainly satisfied and it still seems to have lots of life left. I think you have to order over the phone. The gentleman I spoke with even helped me pick a blade for my general applications.

Back