Need a new lever or someone who can weld my broken lever for my Model 187Y single lever gear box

Forgot Photo....sorry
Looks like maybe 502 not 602.. but maybe not.

I had a kid weld up some cast iron for me. He grew up in a family of welders, and got out of HS last year. He is now a professional welder. I asked him to weld something using a nickel rod. Excellent work, strong. He worked with an older mentor, who kept a torch on the part to keep the heat on before, during and after.

Here's the pics of the broken gear lever the break is so clean that if you place the parts together you almost cant see the break lines.
If there is an expert out there who can repair it, Preferably with Ni-Rod ( I can include the umbr of rods that are needed , if that helps.
I brazing or silver solder will be strong enough I can accept that. just give me a price and an address and it will be on its way with a Money order enclosd including return shipping
It is probably a good idea to switch to Private E mail for further correspondence joebiplane@comcast.NET

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Cast Iron Repair, Smokey Point, Washington, (360) 657-7660. Can fix it for you so it looks new. So far as I know they are the only remaining actual cast iron weld shop left in the western US. I’ve taken several cracked and broken cast iron machine tool parts to them and the parts come back as if they were cast in a mold.

They use actual cast iron filler to fuse the parts back together. No mechanical brazing or part welding. Although they do use molten brass once in awhile to fill holes etc., if the job requires it.

You can mail them the,part, they will mail it back to you.

Glenn
Thanks Glenn i'll call them

Back