Need a tap made

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
Can anyone make a .643/ 30tpi tap, if do how much $

My lathe wont do 30 tpi

What are you threading that maybe someone can thread for you?

I am going to make 9 adapters that are 7/8-14 on the outside and threaded .643/30 on the inside. I can do it all just need a tap made.

This is what im going to make just a little bigger id

Attachments

• 20220610_113527.jpg
    20220610_113527.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 92
I am going to make 9 adapters that are 7/8-14 on the outside and threaded .643/30 on the inside. I can do it all just need a tap made.
Funny . I was digging in the garden and found 8 all thread pieces with fasteners machined pretty much identical to what you're making . I remember making them but for the life of me can't remember what they were for . :grin: I have to stop burying stuff in the yard .

They are actually going to be adapters for the old ideal 310 handloaders to more progressive loading machines so i dont have to buy more reloading dies

I just got an idea. I can buy a 5/8-30 adjustable die...turn a piece of hardenable round steel to diam. Then thread, cut the flutes and harden it and then make my parts.

What lathe do you have? It's possible it may be able to cut 30tpi threads, even though the threading table may not show it.

Here's an excel spreadsheet I made to calculate the thread pitches both Imperial and Metric that weren't covered on my threading table for my Jet 1024.

If your gearing, etc is the same you can just pull the setting from Line 65, Column S. If your gearing is different, you can still use the spreadsheet, as the cells are live and will recalculate, you'll just have to enter your gearing into the table.

Attachments

• Jet Lathe Threading Table.xlsx
    69.6 KB · Views: 91
Back