Need Advice On Ground Wire To Grounding Rod

Thank You all. We are going to drill a .25 hole , wire is -less than .25 " and will use polyurethane caulking.
I am having a licenced electrician taking care of the permit and electrical for the sub panel in the workshed.
I just did not like their idea of drilling .5" hole and use latex caulk.
They upgraded sevice in main to 200 amps but left a gaping hole in our brick foundation from the old service , and went in higher for the new panel box
Does anyone know the name or brand of this polyurethane caulking v
Anyone know how to fix a hole the size of one brick on inside and outside of the foundation?
Thanks,
Jon

A few examples:
Tremco 10.1-oz. Buff Vulkem 116 Polyurethane Sealant
PL S40 Polyurethane Window, Door and Siding Sealant
PL S10 Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant

Get some concrete board or similar, cut and fasten as a patch with the PL S10 or their PL panel adhesive. Could also fill hole with a brick and mortar.

Reactions: ome
A few examples:
Tremco 10.1-oz. Buff Vulkem 116 Polyurethane Sealant
PL S40 Polyurethane Window, Door and Siding Sealant
PL S10 Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant

Get some concrete board or similar, cut and fasten as a patch with the PL S10 or their PL panel adhesive. Could also fill hole with a brick and mortar.
Thanks,
It is a two brick deep foundation, if I use portland, and sand and water is it 2 parts cement and 1 part sand and add water or is this incorrect.
I imagine fix the smaller hole on the inside and then put a full brick in the outside of the foundation.
Wet area and brick and butter and lay and then point?
Thanks for any advice, I need it.
Jon

Go out and get some hydraulic concrete, used in pools for patch work. Usually at HD, Ace or pool supply store. Just add water per the directions, very fast setting, can use it to plug the whole space or use with a brick plug in the hole.

Quikrete 10 or 20 lb. Hydraulic Water-Stop Cement - Hydraulic Water-Stop Cement is a rapid setting, high strength repair material designed to plug leaks instantly in concrete and masonry. Sets in 3-5 minutes and can be used above and below grade. Designed to block running water or leaks in cracked masonry or concrete surfaces.

Quickrete Hydraulic Cement.jpg

If you can find aged brick that matches what is on your shed use it on the outside layer and new brick on the inside. I assume your brick are unpainted and weathered. Based on the idea you would like it to blend in with the rest of the wall.

Good luck with the remodel/upgrade and wall repair.

Thanks to all of you , it was a success.
We used portland cement and sand and water , added slowly with a sponge , and we cleaned out the opening and wet dow that area as well as the brick going in.
We also took a thinner mixture and "painted " the maring services.
Here it is, please do not laugh, first try
image.jpg

No laugh at all! As soon as the mortar dries, it will blend in perfectly and nobody will ever see it!

Wow, Thank You very much. could not have done it without all of your help and great advice.
Jon
If you can find aged brick that matches what is on your shed use it on the outside layer and new brick on the inside. I assume your brick are unpainted and weathered. Based on the idea you would like it to blend in with the rest of the wall.

Good luck with the remodel/upgrade and wall repair.
Thank You Bill, for you kind thoughts.
Jon

I can tell you that GE makes great caulk and that DAP products tend to be very disappointing. Quality Caulk is a good investment.

Back