Need advice: what floor-standing drill press should I buy?

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
If you are looking for a step pulley, Jet's model J-2550 goes all the way down to 150 RPM

Here is the manual.

http://content.jettools.com/assets/manuals/354400_man_EN.pdf
No, that's not the case I failed to make myself clear. I do about 50/50 metal work and wood work. I came to this forum because I thought some of you might be helpful.

I'm probably missing something, but when you said "You mean other than this one?", I didn't see a reference to "the one" you're referring to. If you posted it, I apologize but I didn't see it. And.... in answer to your question, I would say "Yes, other that this one.". Reason being I'd like to know if there's a choice out there, or if "that one" is the only one in existence. Can you please provide a link to "the one" you mean?
Yeah, 47convertible posted a 17 and 20 inch Jet in post 9. I quoted his post and then commented. He did not provide a link. I linked to a J-2550 manual. If you open that manual there is a page that lists the specs to include the spindle speeds. We don't know if you are looking for a step pulley or a variable speed.

And yes, I am trying to be helpful. We can only help with the information you provide. I was joking hence the smiley. I assumed you had a sense of humor with the avatar you have.

cazclocker

Purveyor of cheese.
Registered
Yeah, 47convertible posted a 17 and 20 inch Jet in post 9. I quoted his post and then commented. He did not provide a link. I linked to a J-2550 manual. If you open that manual there is a page that lists the specs to include the spindle speeds. We don't know if you are looking for a step pulley or a variable speed.

And yes, I am trying to be helpful. We can only help with the information you provide. I was joking hence the smiley. I assumed you had a sense of humor with the avatar you have.
Randy, thanks very much for that. Sorry if I seemed gruff, that was not my intention. I suspect I'll end up getting a J-2550! It looks like a great machine!

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Randy, thanks very much for that. Sorry if I seemed gruff, that was not my intention. I suspect I'll end up getting a J-2550! It looks like a great machine!
No harm done. I think you are making a pretty good choice. Just make sure we get to see it. :encourage: We'll want a full review.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock